- First, send us an email with a detailed description of the work you want done. Be sure to provide photo references of your instrument and colors.
- After we receive your project details, we will provide you with an cost estimate and projected start date.
- If all details are agreeable, you then fill out our online order form and ship your instrument one week prior to your project start date (click here for packing tips)
- Turn-around time varies widely depending on project details. Please read below for more details. You will receive an invoice once the work is completed that will include the cost of return shipping. We accept all major credit cards as well as electronic checks and Paypal.
- Once we have received payment, we will return your completed project via FedEx Ground and provide you with tracking information.
- DON’T FORGET TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TURN-AROUND TIMEWe work through projects in the order they are scheduled. At any given moment, we have a lead time of two to eight weeks. This is the amount of time it will take before we begin a project that is not currently scheduled and in our shop. Once we establish a start date on a project, then the turn around time varies widely depending on the details–work, materials and logistics involved. Note about NITRO — Turn-around times for finishes involving Nitrocellulose lacquer will be measured in months rather than weeks. We use pure, vintage Nitrocellulose lacuqer (not acrylic modified modern formulations) that takes weeks to apply and months to dry. Can it be rushed? yes. Will you be happy with the result? No. Nitro finishes are wonderfully beautiful and rewarding when they’re done right, but they take time.
Here are some example projects and relative turn-around times:Example Project 1 — New Electric Guitar Body Finished In Gloss Olympic White Poly — Three Weeks: Project 1 consists of “parts” body from one of the popular guitar replacement parts manufacturers. This is a solid body built from Alder and has been built with care and supplied to Southbound Custom ready-to-paint. This particular customer has requested a gloss Olympic White finish in Poly. There is no need to produce color samples since this is a standard color. The customer has shipped the body to our facility a few days prior to his established start date of June 1. Our process begins on that date and is completed and shipped on June 23rd. The total time in process has been just over three weeks
SBC accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.